Sunday, July 25, 2010

Holiday weekend

We celebrate the July 24th in Utah as Pioneer Day.  My hubby had friday off so we're having a long weekend.  He decided we should treat it like a vacation and do what we wanted!  It's been great :)  We went shopping at the various fruit stands for fresh fruit/veggies.  I went to Michaels and bought a couple of stamp sets and a Martha Stewart edge puncher (floral lace)  We ended up friday at Johnny Carenos (spelt wrong hehe) for dinner.  It was a fabulous day.  We drove around, bought stuff, went to places we haven't been for a couple of years and enjoyed ourselves.

Saturday morning I slept in and my hunny went grocery shopping.  Have I told you how lucky and fortunate I am?  My hubby does the grocery shopping and cooks dinner!!  I have neuropathy, depression and diabetes.  It's been a challenge the last year or so.  The neuropathy started about a year ago with burning and tingling in my feet.  The pain progressed to the point where I could hardly walk.  My insurance wouldn't pay for the medication my doctor wanted, so I spent several months in agony.  My husband wanted me to just buy the medication, but I wouldn't because I didn't know if it would even work!  At the first of the year I started a new insurance that covers the two medications I need and now I hurt less, but one of the side effects is my hands shake!  Quite a challenge when card making, but the card making distracts me so I keep plugging along.  I started this blog when I was still in alot of pain, wrote about some of it, but deleted it.  It was such a downer!

I believe life is good.  Things happen for a reason, even if we don't know why.  I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, friends and a supportive family.  Youtube has changed my life, with the videos of card making and helped me find wonderful blogs to follow and challenges to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment