Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools Day memories

Today is April Fools Day (my hubby says I have a total grasp of the obvious) and it reminds me of times past.
My mom has had great fun fooling others on Aprils Fools Day.  I remember when I was 5 or 6 she woke the family and said the rabbit had babies.  We all rushed after her into the kitchen looking for the baby rabbits.  There weren't any of course - finally we realized we were April Fools.
My mom has done other things each year - convincing far away relatives that a young cousin was pregnant,  Facebooking her friends that she started smoking again and more.  I try, but I can't help but laugh when I try to Fool my mom.  She's never fooled.
I'll try once more.  My hubby and I bought a new car that was delivered last wednesday.  It's a Camry Hybrid and I'm going to try to tell her it broke down on us (calling her from the cell phone).  Wish me luck.  (I know it sounds cruel - but she'll have a big laugh - or disown me)

No comments:

Post a Comment